TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERNING PARTICIPATION IN “THE 2021 AFRICA KIDS AWARDS NOMINATION AND VOTING PROCESS” (“#AFKIA2021”)
The following terms and conditions apply exclusively to the aforementioned #AFKIA 2021and all Participants in the #AFKIA2021 are deemed to have read, understood, and accepted the same:
The organization, Duration, and Participation Mechanic in the #AFKIA2021
1. The #AFKIA021 is organized by Little Miss Kenya Limited (a private limited liability company registered and situated in Nairobi, Kenya) and is also managed and executed by various contracted service providers (hereinafter jointly referred to as the “Organizers”).
2. To participate in the #AFKIA2021, Participants will be required to do the following:-
a) Respond to call for nominations on the official website owned and maintained by the Organizers, http://www.littlemisskenya.com (“Official Website”);
b) Submit an application to be considered as a nominee in a specific category (either nominated by oneself, by other(s) or by the Organizers);
c) Upon confirmation of the start of the voting phase (“Voting Phase”) by the Organizers, members of the public, and the nominees can participate by voting on the Official Website.
3. The charges applicable for the Voting Phase are as set out details of which may be displayed on communication materials, including the Official Website:
Free Votes per Participant (ONLY for those who have Signed Up on the Official Website)
Unlimited Voting Credit Costs (Minimum is 10 Voting Credits)
*exclusive of 1 % to 3% processing charges
1 per day
Kshs. 10 per Vote
4. There are no other charges payable to participate in the #AFKIA2021.
5. The # AFKIA2021 shall commence and end on specific dates to be published on the Official Website and other communication media in the Organizers' participating countries.
6. The Mechanic is as follows:
a) Open submission for up to 20 participants in each category in each age group across The counties);
b) A nominee selection panel (“Nominee Selection Panel”) set up by the Organizers shortlists the top 20 participants per category in each age group;
c) The list of nominees is unveiled to the public for voting, with the public votes contributing 60% towards the determination of the overall award recipients in each category; and
d) An adjudication panel (“Adjudication Panel”) will then contribute 40% to the tally of votes to determine the award recipient of each category.
e) Once the category award recipients have been determined in each country, these individuals shall then be entered into the second phase of voting, pitting them against their counterparts in the other participating counties to determine the county Africa Kids Awards Kenya Award recipient. Once again, the public votes shall contribute 60% while the Adjudication Panel shall account for 40% in ascertaining the National award recipients.
Eligibility for Participation
7. The # AFKIA2021 is open to residents and citizens of all participating counties in Kenya who are 17 years and below.
8. The # AFKIA2021 is open to the public provided one has access to the internet on a compatible device.
9. Employees and relatives of the Organizers, Nominee Selection Panel, Adjudication Panel, and Sponsors of # AFKIA2021 are not eligible to be nominees but can vote for their preferred nominees.
10. There is NO LIMIT to the number of times a Participant can enter and participate in the # AFKIA2021.
Use of Personal Data
11. The Organizers shall have the right to store the personal information entered onto the # AFKIA2021 platforms by Participants purely for direct private contact marketing or research purposes, all the while respecting and retaining the privacy of the Participants unless required to be disclosed by competent authority strictly under the confines of the relevant empowering law.
General Rules of the #AFKIA2021
12. Only kids who are Kenyan Nationals (born and resident in the participating counties) below 17 years of age will be admitted and processed by the Nominee Selection Panel as nominees to be voted for depending on the age requirement in each category.
13. Only kids who submit all the requirements as stipulated in the registration form can be admitted. Any participant who does not suit the category submitted may be removed from the # AFKIA2021 or placed in a more relevant category by the Organizers without consultation.
14 A participant may nominate oneself or someone else in the submission phase of # AFKIA2021, which ends before the Voting Phase.
15. participants that are proven to have conducted themselves unethically have participated in activities that are likely to bring the Organizers and # AFKIA2021into disrepute will be automatically disqualified from further participation in # AFKIA2021 or will be stripped of any awards if such conduct is discovered.
16. To participate in the # AFKIA2021 awards, participants' names and credentials need only be submitted once. The number of times a kid is submitted does not influence his/her chances of advancing to the next round or his/her chances of being an award recipient.
17. Any submission or vote made outside of the allocated time frames will be discarded.
18. The Nominee Selection Panel’s decision on the final list of nominees is final.
19. The Voting Phase commences on a date set by the Organizers following the nominees list's completion in each of the categories by the Nominee Selection Panel.
20. Free voting is once per signed up Participant per day. Thereafter, a Participant can for their preferred nominee(s) in an UNLIMITED manner by purchasing Voting Credits and paying an equivalent of US$ 0.10 per vote (minimum number of votes to be purchased is 10) in local currency adjusting for foreign exchange plus an additional 1% to 3% processing charge.
21. Any attempts at hacking or illegally accessing the # AFKIA2021 platforms to submit nominees or vote for nominees or otherwise tamper with the system, and the process of nomination and voting shall result in criminal investigations and legal action being taken, including disqualification of any Participant or nominee found to have been involved in such an attempt.
22. The Organizers will not be held accountable for and will not be responsible to any third party for any information and materials submitted for and/or on behalf of nominees. Should a third party be confirmed to own, have a license to, or otherwise have actionable cause for intellectual property (copyright, trademarks, patents, industrial designs, and such like) associated with a nominee, then the nominee will have to take over and engage directly with such third party whilst his nomination will be suspended pending final determination of any such dispute. Should any dispute on the ownership of intellectual property and/or proprietary materials by a nominee not be resolved within a period of at least one (1) week before the close of the Voting Phase, then such nominee will be disqualified from # AFKIA2021. The nominee warrants that they have rights of ownership or use to all materials and the intellectual property therein submitted to the Organizers and that he/she will indemnify and hold harmless the Organizers should the Organizers suffer any losses, costs, and expenses arising from any claims by third parties including any unavoidable delays to executing # AFKIA2021 in accordance with the set timetable (such as an injunction), court action and advocates’ costs.
23. The Organizers reserve the right to amend and adjust the # AFKIA2021 format and timings as they deem fit.
24. Although the Organizers have used reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and materials relating to the # AFKIA2021 are accurate, they shall not be liable for any inaccuracy or errors in such information and/or material. The Organizers, their agents, and sub-contractors will also not bear responsibility for any loss or damage to a Participant, whether caused by self or any third party, arising from:
- Matters outside the control of the Organizers, their agents, and sub-contractors, including but not limited to force majeure events such as acts of God, computer viruses, power outages, etc.; and
- Any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any machine, telephone network or system, internet service, service provider software, or otherwise may result in any communication being lost or not properly received, registered, or recorded.
25. In case of any queries or concerns on the # AFKIA2021, Participants, members of the public, and other interested parties are directed to send an e-mail to email@example.com www.littlemisskenya.com www.facebook.com/littlemisske www.twitter.com/littlemisske www.instagram.com/littlemisske
26. By entering the # AFKIA2021, all Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organizers, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Organizers reserve the right to amend, modify or change these rules at any time during the # AFKIA2021.
27. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Kenya, and the Participant(s) submit irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the competent courts in Kenya.
28. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable in whole or in part, the other provisions of these Terms and conditions and the remainder of the affected provisions shall continue to be valid.
29. AFKIA2021 is a trademark of Little Miss Kenya Limited, all rights reserved.
CAUTION : The Organizers do not require Participants to send cash, airtime credit, or other consideration to anyone other than the charges to participate in the voting directly through the official designated platforms and will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred by any person who fails to pay heed to this notification.